POST SECONDARY DUAL ENROLLMENT
DONEGAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
DUAL ENROLLMENT FOR DONEGAL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
The Donegal School District recognizes that some students may benefit from enrolling in postsecondary courses during their high school careers. The student may enroll either part-time or full-time in a postsecondary institution. In order to establish parameters for the student to earn a Donegal High School diploma, per Donegal School District Policy 241 "Dual Enrollment" the following requirements and regulations are established:
- The student and his/her family shall be responsible for all costs and arrangements with the institution.
- The student will be responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the postsecondary institution.
- Three (3) semester credits at the post secondary level shall equal one (1) high school credit in calculating graduation credits. A physical education course at the postsecondary institution will equal one (1) physical education course at Donegal High School.
- The grades earned at the institution shall be included in the calculation of Donegal High School grade point average or class rank. College courses shall receive advanced placement weighting.
- The student must earn corresponding credits in required courses that meet the graduation requirements of Donegal High School to qualify for a diploma.
- The student may participate in the Donegal High School commencement ceremony.
- The student may participate in Donegal High School activities with the permission of the high school principal and the Athletic Director (in the event the student wishes to participate in any P.I.A.A. sports in accordance with P.I.A.A. guidelines).
- Approval is required from parent, school counselor and principal.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. John Haldeman - Assoc. Principal of Curriculum
- (717) 653-1871 Email: email@example.com
Ms. Linda Olson - Guidance Counselor (A-G)
- (717) 492-1207 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Danielle Kuhn - Guidance Counselor (H-O)
- (717) 492-1208 Email: email@example.com
Mr. Willliam Rosengrant - Guidance Counselor (P-Z)
- (717) 492-1204 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org