Meet with your counselor to discuss your future plans
Make sure you are signed up for challenging classes that will prepare you for your post-secondary plans
Begin to explore career interests. Visit www.careercruising.com to start to match your interests to possible careers
Explore your options by visiting online resources. See the "Links" section on the DHS Guidance Website for some great online resources!
Attend college/job fairs
Understand that your transcript will list all of your classes, grades, activities from 9th grade through 12th grade... so this year counts!!
Get involved! Join a club, sports team, or other extracurricular activity... or volunteer!
1. Your future is important and requires a plan!
2. Set personal expectations & goals!
3. Develop steps to achieve those goals!
4. Identify your strengths & weaknesses!
5. Evaluate your values, interests, skills, and abilities!
6. Gather as much information as possible on careers
and colleges (see your counselor if you need help with this!)
7. Do not hesitate to ask for some guidance
8. Always ask questions